Monday, April 8, 2013

Tick Tock Tick Tock

People always look at their watch or phone to see what time it is. We constantly let time be the cause of what we do and produce. But if we take away the idea of time, and do the cause at when it comes to us, then we are following Descartes way of thinking.

Time and cause are completely independent from one another, though we treat it dependently on each other. Technology has made it so we do what we want at a time, and not when it appears.

So for my video I made a human sundial showing one of the earliest forms of figuring out what time of day it was. I spent a total of 6 hours outside doing this, but the clouds starting to come in and cover up the sun so I stopped recording it.












(Sorry for the floggy part of the video I must have touched the lens when I was switching batteries and didn't noticed until I had to switch them again...)

No comments:

Post a Comment