Saturday, January 26, 2013

Opera

The other day in class we learned a lot of operas. It made me think of the Opera House that I went to in Naples, Italy.




But when I thought of operas I thought of something that was long and boring. But with the description of it being like today's modern day concerts it is much easier to picture why everyone wanted to go to this. 

I never knew the operas sought out were the Castrati. I can't believe they used to put boys in that situation when they are younger. But after listening to them it is no wonder why they were so sought after being the voice of "angles." 

It was very interesting to learn how incredible and jaw dropping these performances were. Not to mention how their influence has effected how we do things today with modern day musicals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment